25 Facts I Bet You Never Knew About Africa
1. Gambia has only one university.
2. Equatorial Guinea is Africa’s only Spanish-speaking
3. South Africa is the most visited African country.
4. Nigeria has the richest Black people in Africa.
5. Samuel Eto’o is the highest paid Footballer of all
time, he received about £350,000 weekly in Russia in
9. Nigeria has won more football cups than England.
10. Zimbabwe’s President, Robert Gabriel Mugabe is the
world’s most educated President with 7 degrees, two of
them are Masters.
11. Al-Ahly of Egypt is the richest club in
12. Didier Drogba is Chelsea’s highest goal scorer in
13. Johannesburg, South Africa is the most visited city
14. Zinedine Zidane wanted to play for
Algeria, but the selector rejected him, saying they are
already many players like him in the team.
15. President Jacob Zuma was once a referee
16. President Robert Mugabe was jailed for 11 years for
fighting for freedom.
17. President Robert Mugabe is Africa’s oldest Head of
State and the world’s second oldest Head of State. He
was born 1924.
18. The Seychellois are the most educated Africans.
Seychelles’ literacy rates (Adult: 92%, Youth: 99%)
Zimbabwe is 2nd (Adult: 91.2%, Youth: 99%).
19. Rwanda is a better country for gender equality than
England and USA.
20. Somalia got its first ATM on October 7, 2014.
21. South Africa has the most Grammy Award winners
22. Ethiopia has the most airports in Africa.
23. Ethiopia’s economy is growing faster than China's.
24. Eritrea’s President, Isaiah Afwerki is the least
richest President in Africa.
25. Ethiopia is Africa’s oldest independent country.